Ever wondered what gives salmon and flamingos that nice shade of pink? Astaxanthin is that pigment which makes salmon and flamingo’s pink. This pigment helps protect your skin from damage, wrinkles, and other signs of aging as it's a potent carotenoid.
Did you know 90% of visible skin damage on your face is due to sun exposure? Exposure to sun increases free radicals’ production and these free radicals set off a chain of events in your body, visibly causing damage like wrinkles, age spots, pigmentation, etc. Antioxidants, like Astaxanthin, can combat all those free-radical issues and give you naturally brighter and younger looking skin.
Less Pigmentation and More Luminosity
Pronounced asta-zan-thin, Astaxanthin falls under the category of antioxidants. Found in various foods, this particular antioxidant gives you natural brightness and luminosity and fades out your existing pigmentation. According to research, astaxanthin contains significantly more antioxidants than its superfood counterparts, thus regularly using it helps in improved skin texture and elasticity and reduced age spots and pigmentation.
Astaxanthin - 6,000 Times Stronger Than Vitamin C
Called as the "King of Carotenoids," studies have shown that the antioxidant ability of astaxanthin is much more powerful than Vitamin C. Yes, for a really long time, skincare enthusiasts have been raving about Vitamin C to be the holy grail. While, Vitamin C is indeed useful and potent, Astaxanthin, the new ingredient in town has been proven to be 6,000 times more powerful than the well-cherished ingredient Vitamin C. According to various studies, Astaxanthin has proven to be loaded with skin and health benefits. This powerhouse ingredient has characteristics, which fight free radical damage. It is also believed to increase brain and eye function, lower blood pressure, and combat fatigue. Furthermore, apart from health benefits, the antioxidant powerhouse is also suitable for all skin types as it aids in getting a healthier-looking complexion with regular use.
Astaxanthin Benefits for Skin
Regular usage of Astaxanthin yields multiple benefits, and the advantages are expansive. Some of the key benefits of using Astaxanthin based skincare products are as follows:
- Protection against UV rays: Astaxanthin has a natural ability for protecting your skin against damages caused by UV exposure.
- Keeps wrinkles at bay: Owing to its ability to neutralize free radical damage, Astaxanthin calms inflammation and improve the appearance of your skin, while keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
- Fades out hyperpigmentation: Astaxanthin is also shown to help reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation, age spots, sun damage, and melasma. Thus, your skin will be radiant and luminous when Astaxanthin is used regularly as a part of your skincare regime.
- Fights free radicals: Referred to as the “strongest antioxidant in nature,” Astaxanthin can help the skin respond to oxidative damage from environmental aggressors, such as the sun, as well as inhibit free radical formation.
- Ideal for sensitive skin: Owing to its calming, anti-inflammatory properties, Astaxanthin has also been said to aid in skin redness, sensitivity, and inflammation.
Featured Products Containing Astaxanthin:
Jumpstart skin health by detoxifying and rebuilding with this probiotic enzyme peel powerhouse containing fermented fruit enzymes from Pomegranate, Pumpkin, Pineapple, Papaya, Figs, and Astaxanthin. This mask treats and prevents acne and brightens post-blemish marks.
Refine and Revive your eye area with this ultra-rich, intensive eye serum containing Astaxanthin for wrinkles, dark circles, bags, puffiness, anti-aging. Five Peptides—including Argireline, a peptide that has several different wrinkle-fighting and anti-aging benefits.