AT A GLANCE
WHAT IT ISMaskne is acne from wearing masks, which happens when heat, sweat and friction leads to irritation and creates bacteria resulting in acne.
WHAT IT DOESDuring COVID-19, masks are required to keep people safe and protected but the downside is your skin gets trapped and therefore gets congested. To avoid acne breakouts under masks, check out our advice here.
HOLY GRAIL PRODUCTSSoothing Cleansing Creme, Glow To Go Glycolic Acid Peel Pads, Harmony Glycopolymer Solution, Tulsi Soothing Tri Clay Mask, C Shield Smart Serum
Maskne has become ever prevalent in 2020, while wearing your mask is imperative to flattening the curve it can leave your skin suffocated resulting in irritated bumps around the mouth and jaw area. We wear a mask to protect our community but we don't have to suffer from facial rashes and breakouts caused by wearing masks!
Maskne (Acne from wearing masks) occurs when trapped heat, humidity, sweat, and friction, leads to irritation and creates bacteria.Here is some advice on how to take care of your skin, during this New Normal -
- Avoid masks made with synthetic fibers like polyester or rayon instead choose a mask made of ‘breathable’ material
- Wash your mask regularly, multiple times a week, using a gentle non-toxic detergent.
- Avoid wearing makeup under your mask as it may contribute to acne breakouts
- Wear a mineral sunscreen with zinc oxide that reflects UVA/UVB to avoid Covid tan lines
- Keep a regular skin care routine to decongest and clarify your skin.
- Apply Soothing Cleansing Creme with fingertips, massage gently. Wash face and pat dry. Our Soothing Cleansing Creme cleans out clogged pores of buildup without leaving the skin feeling stripped and dry.
- Gently sweep a Glow To Go pad or soak a cotton ball with Harmony Glycopolymer Solution over the skin. Avoid eye and lip areas. Repeat over pigmented spots. Slight tingling is normal. This gentle exfoliant works to remove any dead skin cells, dirt, or grime from troubled areas.
- Apply an even layer of Tulsi Soothing Tri Clay Mask on the face. Let it stay for up to 3-5 minutes. Use a damp washcloth to remove your mask before it is completely dry. This clay mask helps absorb excess oils, dry blemishes, and soothe irritated skin.
- While skin is still damp, finish with a pump of our C Shield Smart Serum to infuse your skin with a burst of hydration and Vitamin C. This serum will hydrate and help reduce the appearance of any dark spots from leftover blemishes.
Take care of yourself and your skin. And remember to treat others with compassion and together we will get through this.