AT A GLANCE
WHAT IT IS100% recyclable refillable moisturizer pods with airtight packaging
WHAT IT DOESGreatly reducing the consumption of energy, water, and carbon emissions, resulting in a net decrease in plastic production for containers.
REFILL PODS AVAILABLERefixion Sans Retinol Creme, Lumenez Vitamin Rich Creme, Botanica Souffle Creme, and High Endurance Creme
Snap out of it! Say Goodbye to the Excess Beauty Packaging Habit
Introducing Refillable, Sustainable, & Eco-Minded Packaging from Sonage
In honor of National Earth Month, our sustainable professional beauty brand, Sonage, continues to innovate and check off boxes (literally) on its clean beauty certifications list.
It's no secret the beauty industry has a serious waste problem. The University of Connecticut estimates that the beauty industry is responsible for 120 billion units of waste every year with 95% consisting of single use packaging. Top that with only 14% of plastic from beauty products makes it to a recycling center we’ve got a BIG landfill of a problem.
Determined to make strides when it comes to wasteful packaging, Sonage is now introducing a solution to reduce our environmental footprint and prioritize sustainability with moisturizer refills. When a consumer purchases a refill, it means less production and new container packaging and shipping (jar outers, jar lids, pumps, and bottles) - greatly reducing the consumption of energy, water, and carbon emissions. The benefit of refillable packaging is a net decrease in plastic production for containers.
To celebrate the newly launched Refill Program, featuring our 100% recyclable refillable moisturizer pods with airtight packaging, Sonage will be offering 50% off any refill with the purchase of any moisturizer until the end of April. In addition to moving towards the goal of creating zero waste packaging, Sonage produces packaging made with recycled materials that are ethically sourced to do our part in driving positive social change.
Sonage Continues Striving For Sustainability
Packaging isn’t the only thing that makes the Sonage brand conscious. They reduce environmental impact by sourcing both clean energy and clean ingredients to fight wasteful or unethical practices like with their best-selling Patagonia Berry Stem Cell Mask infused with sustainably harvested maqui berry from the Amazon Rainforest. Protec-Plus SPF 30 is Hawaiian reef safe, and of course, both inner and outer cartons are recyclable and certified by the Forest Stewardship Council.
Our clean certifications at Sonage include:
· AVA - VEGAN-FRIENDLY - All products are free of animal-derived ingredients. Our products consist of vegan formulas to help make informed choices and confident selections.
· WOMEN-OWNED – Sonage is entirely owned, operated, controlled, and managed by women. Supporting Women Owned businesses is an investment into a future of economic success, innovation, and equality.
· EWG - Products are free from EWG chemicals of concern and meets EWG's strictest standards for your health. We value your trust and commit to full transparency. We are proud to be EWG Verified.
· FSC - Materials sourced from sustainably managed forests that preserves biological diversity while benefiting the lives of our community.
· RECYCLABLE - Post-Consumer Recycled material or Post Consumer Resin (PCR), is a more sustainable packaging option for our environmentally conscious customer. It is spent plastic waste collected at local recycling centers that is sorted, sterilized, and repurposed into new packaging.
· NO ISSUE - ECO PACKING ALLIANCE - Sustainably sourced, all packaging is eco-friendly to prevent excessive amounts of non-recyclable plastic. As part of the Eco-Packaging Alliance, we are given the opportunity to help revive biodiversity by contributing to global reforestation